Monday, September 1, 2014

Something sweet, something savory, something cold

Went to the state fair with my cousin yesterday and had a pretty good time.  Nick has a great state fair food rule, which we followed like it was a prescription.  In order to make the most of your state fair eating experience, you must eat something sweet, something savory and something cold.  That covers your basic food cravings without eating everything in sight.  Nick and I shared a lot of things so I got a taste of a lot of things:

  • Mini doughnuts
  • bacon on a stick
  • cheese curds
  • frozen lemonade
  • pickle dog (pickle spear, cream cheese and pastrami)
  • twist cone
  • beer
  • (successfully avoided getting a corn dog, which I usually go for immediately)
Which definitely wasn't as much as I was assuming I would eat (cause it's the state fair, that's why you go).  Unfortunately I think I have a dehydration/walking all day/a little too much beer at Carboni's hangover. (oops).  AND I'm going to the Renaissance Faire today! I'm super stoked, I've never been to a Ren Faire and I found 5 outfits that would work perfectly for the occasion.  I just hope I feel a little better and my feet don't fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment