Saturday, December 21, 2013

Presidential Visits

What a fun filled day we had in Dallas! We started the morning at the George W Bush museum outside of SMU (after some confusion with directins) and I got to take a sit in the model Oval office they have there. I think the presidency looks good on me. 

We then turned to the 6th floor museum at Dealy Plaza, where JFK was assassinated. We did the audio tour (which I found surprisingly helpful) and got to see the window and the street where the assassination took place. I was struck by how much support Kennedy had shown for the arts during his administration, 

I LOOK FORWARD TO AN AMERICA WHICH WILL REWARD ACHIEVEMENT IN THE ARTS AS WE REWARD ACHIEVEMENT IN BUSINESS OR STATECRAFT. I LOOK FORWARD TO AN AMERICA WHICH WILL STEADILY RAISE THE STANDARDS OF ARTISTIC ACCOMPLISHMENT AND WHICH WILL STEADILY ENLARGE CULTURAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL OF OUR CITIZENS. AND I LOOK FORWARD TO AN AMERICA WHICH COMMANDS RESPECT THROUGHOUT THE WORLD NOT ONLY FOR ITS STRENGTH BUT FOR ITS CIVILIZATION AS WELL.

Boom. My career path is bettering America. 

We also found a nicely painted mailbox in downtown Dallas.  Perfect photo op. 



We also went to an all-you-can-eat sushi buffet. So. Much. Sushi. Interesting thing, though. Sushi full is much different from American food full. It's much lighter and less painful than a post-thanksgiving food coma. For example, with a sushi fill you are able to have a cupcake and a Bert an hour later at your cousins house without hating yourself. Especially when his one year old gets completely covered in frosting. That helps too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment