Thursday, December 26, 2013

San Antonio part deux

We went to the Natural Bridge Caverns outside San Antonio and went on a tour of the caverns, followed by Molly and I doing a zip line and ropes course! I was really nervous going onto the zip line (as I had never done one before). It was actually relaxing. Definitely not what I was thinking I was going to feel, but gliding above the trees was very soothing. The ropes course, however, was not soothing. I made myself get all the way to the fourth story, and even did a few obstacles without holding onto my rope. Molly only went up to the second level, so I was super proud of myself. 


We also went shopping at the Mexican market. So many colors and skulls everywhere! I managed to get out with only a scarf, but that's only because the ukulele-like objects were all miniature guitars.  


Molly and I did another excursion to the river walk at night, which was incredible. We walked to an Irish pub to get some non-Texmex food, to cleanse our palates. No regrets of my Shepard sour and Black and Tan. I was in need of a good beer after such a busy few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment