Wednesday, December 4, 2013

All the German

 
Me and my flour 'stache

Last Sunday I got to visit with my family down in Crawfordsville (as a part of my 12 day road trip extravaganza).  For the annual Schmitz family cookie/kolache bake!  It was super fun to see a bunch of my cousins and babies and all of that.  Of course, I covered myself in flour and got to work!  We made two batches (which made 4 pans each) and ate a ton of chilli and baked goods galore!

It was really odd to talk to my family after my solidification of possible career paths.  I talked with a bunch of my relatives about going to grad school and it made it feel so much more real than just poking around. Kind of scary, but reassuring.  They're all ridiculously supportive.





Now I'm finally staying in the same place for two weeks: Bjorklunden!  I'm here for a two-week immersive start up theatre course.  We already have a ton done on Greyfell Theatre Company!  I already wrote a 10 minute play with Luke, and we've read a ton of others.  The website, the facebook, twitter, the blog have all been set up.  I'm on the blogging/social media team (I know, you're shocked.  Try to contain your surprise).  And am helping create the posts, I'm also hoping to be acting/directing/something as a part of the show itself which is happening next weekend!  It's all been going so fast, and we're staying in the same building.  Luckily I took some time after lunch to roam the grounds and look at how beautiful the woods and Lake Michigan are.

The image of Greyfell (the eight legged horse) in the great hall that served as inspiration for our name!





No comments:

Post a Comment