Saturday, January 25, 2014

Communist Rally

Never in my life did I think I would participate in a Russian Communist Rally*, especially in the state of the Wisconsin.  Funny what happens when you're playing trivia, especially with action questions.  We managed to gather about 60 people from across campus to join together and chant and sing in Russian in an attempt to overthrow (in jest) the Red, White & Blue party at Delt (a fraternity).  It was really amazing, actually.  Definitely the closest thing to a "real" protest that I've ever taken part in.


We even got yelled at by angry other parties (the frat guys), who yelled at us to get out of their house.  They even tore up the paper signs we brought with us.  On the plus side, we continued to chant "All power to the people" at them as we left the building.



*quick clarification: This was a joke protest.  We were joking and having fun- as often happens in college.  Especially during trivia.  There was a bit of confusion based on a Facebook post I made and I thought I'd clarify: While this protest looks incredible (which it was) it was FOR FUN.

No comments:

Post a Comment