Thursday, November 28, 2013

The 75th Annual Turkey Bowl

The Football Family Portrait!
Successfully made it out to Elmhurst yesterday for the Turkey Bowl! The game was a ton of fun (after we started moving around and had feeling in our extremities).  Molly couldn't play because of her recurring running injuries, but it was still a blast!


The oddest part of this year was not being able to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house for cocoa and doughnuts afterwards, which has turned into the main reason we play the game!  After they both past away and sold the house, we had the cocoa and doughnuts right in the park after the game.  By that point (around 10:30) it had warmed up enough that we all chatted and such without freezing!

I've been exhausted since the game, I got windblown pretty bad, and I was already a bit sick.  Luckily I'm feeling a lot better, and I'm sure a good night sleep will help loads.  We didn't do a 'traditional' Thanksgiving meal tonight, because we spent the cooking time driving back home, but we're making a turkey tomorrow!  We've done a lot of prep already tonight, so everything should go very smoothly!  I'm definitely looking forward to my first Thanksgiving dinner in Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment