Sunday, October 20, 2013

Going Out

Guys, I did stuff with people this week and it was fun and such!  Even though I had a ton of work to do (a paper for my Shakespeare class on a text comparison of King Lear that I spent more time avoiding than actually writing) I managed to get some quality socialization done!

The improv team (as well as a few other groups) got a touring company of the Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB) to come give a workshop and a show at LU!  The workshop was one of the best we've had, as well as the most useful.  We're already getting better at finding the 'game' in the scene (also known as finding a  joke to riff on throughout the scene).  We also hung out with them afterwards in Comedy House and chatted about how cool improv is and how weird Lawrence is (none of them really had to go to class in college.  That seems odd to me, as I usually like attending my classes.  That's why I'm going to college).  Anyway, we played a bunch of records and sang Simon and Garfunkel until I decided to start working on my paper again.
Members of UCB jamming out to "Cecilia" in Comedy House

We also went to a concert last night! Bright Kind opened for Yellow Ostrich and both bands rocked pretty hard. And that meant that Portia, Jessica and I were bothering other people with our presence on a Saturday night!  Woo being social!

Front and center
Cute Guitarist alert

Just to clarify, it's not that I don't like being around other people on weekends, it's just so much easier/cozier/less stressful to sit in the house and watch movies. I'm always tired by the end of the week anyway.  Going out takes so much energy and planning and premeditation that I don't usually feel like putting forth by the time the week is up.

Also, I think I want to try some more rock star hair.  It always looks so edgy and fun and the whole i-dont-care-what-you-think thing.  Which I'm pretty down with generally.  I'll probably try spiking whatever haircut I get after Halloween.  I'm getting stoked for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment